Expert strategic coaching to create a future-forward software development capability
OPTIMIZE RESULTS SUCCESS STORY
About Sentry Management
Sentry Management is a leader in property management, offering accounting systems, expert community managers and advanced technology. With more than 40 offices in 20+ states, It has supported 6,000+ homeowner and condominium associations nationwide.
Sentry considers its service level as directly related to the sophistication of its technology. As a result, it invests in continual improvement of digital and automated tools to help managers and customers effectively and efficiently serve their communities. From its CommunityPro® administrative, operational and financial platform, it has expanded to offer apps and websites.
Accelerance Partner Location
Partner Developers Engaged
Partner Technologies & Services
Microsoft Azure Cloud, HTML, custom software development, project management, and team building and management.
Sentry recognized the need to up their game to become a product factory, and they saw an opportunity to add outsourcing into their model.
NEEDS & CHALLENGES
Sentry's future ability to serve customers depended on having an internal product factory to produce state-of-the-art online communications and management sites. They also needed to embed internal capabilities for staffing, onboarding and managing larger scale teams. Sentry needed 1) a perfect-fit software development outsourcing partner to scale their team and 2) an expert software consultant to help embed new and improved competencies.
- Provided three partner options through our Rapid Referral® matching process, referring a team in Argentina that met Sentry's exact business requirements and specialized technical skills for its new platform.
- Facilitated an Align workshop session that taught Sentry how to onboard, integrate and manage new development members in a blended organization.
- Delivers ongoing coaching through the Optimize consulting service to mature Sentry's competencies in software development life cycle practices and project management.
- Quickly growing the development team to 20, adding QA engineers, business analysts, a project manager, full-stack developers, designers and HTML developers.
- Implementing new practices to onboard and best manage new team members to a hybrid team, allowing for fast scaling of skills and headcount.
- Increasing productivity and quality of programming for faster innovation and feature deployment for its growing product suite.
Thanks to Accelerance's guidance, we're seeing very consistent results from our software development efforts. We're making progress on our development goals and getting real, functional code – and the software looks wonderful. I attribute much of our success and the quality of our developers to Accelerance. They've helped us grow our internal developent capabilities, and I'm extremely happy with the relationship.
Director, Software % Technology | Sentry Management, Inc.
TO BE CONTINUED...
Want to see how we've helped other companies succeed?
Getting informed for smart outsourcing partner decisions begins here.
Explore industry trends and gain new insights with our reports, articles, and papers.
November 20, 2023 / Ryan SchauerChecklist for Selecting an Offshore Software Development Team
Now that you’ve made a decision to make use of outsourcing as a way of expanding or enhancing your business, you are likely finding yourself in the difficult situation of identifying which vendors or business partners will most effectively help you reach your goals. You’ve gathered tens, if not hundreds of outsourcing companies, but you need a basic way of evaluating them so that you can boil down your raw samples into a few true prospects.
In order to effectively use this checklist, go through each company, and for each aspect, assign a value to each aspect, and weigh each of these criteria according to their level of importance. After you have gone through each aspect of these, you will be able to total up your results and identify the teams that will most likely suit your needs.
It’s important to note that just because one vendor has a score higher than the others, this does not mean that it is necessarily the one you should select. This tool should be used for gathering a list of top contenders; it can be helpful for eliminating some vendors, such as those that do not have the requisite skills or domain knowledge to be truly effective partners. If you can narrow it down to, say, 10, and then further from there, this will help you decide which companies you wish to visit in person.Blog