Skyscanner is seeking to partner with a leading global service partner for software delivery and integration services. Skyscanner has requested from Accelerance a proposal on how we can assist in identifying and onboarding that partner.
Skyscanner has several motivations to add a new partner, including the opportunity to introduce new protocols when engaging a remote group. Current relationships do not have the controls Skyscanner require going forward. To start, Skyscanner would like to roll this out with a new group before introducing to an existing one.
Skyscanner would like to begin the new partnership with work centered around their “Build with Skyscanner” service. The idea is to build an initial team of 5 engineers, perhaps adding one or two additional teams over the following weeks.
Assuming success, Skyscanner envisions building a team of 30-50 engineers, organized across multiple work streams. The core activities at that point will be focused on contributing to and maintaining existing codebases, services, and integrations rather than build new capabilities from scratch. In particular the new partner will be required to:
- Deliver new and maintain current integrations with travel partners that ingest quote / pricing data. Typically, these are HTTP based integrations using SOAP, XML, JSON. Travel partners include airlines, online travel agents (OTAs), car hire providers; car hire OTAs; hotel providers, and hotel OTAs.
- Deliver new and maintain current URL redirect integrations with travel partners that support traveler checkout.
- Integrate new partners to Hotels and Car Hire direct booking systems. Typically, these are HTTP based integrations using SOAP, XML, JSON.
- Update and validate partner configuration changes including routes, hotel inventory, Car Hire locations, logos, and images.
- Investigate and resolve production issues / data anomalies related to partner integrations (e.g. Price Accuracy, data accuracy).
- Maintain reporting tools.
- Review and maintain monitoring tool, playbooks, and other documentation.
- Contribute changes to core integration frameworks.
- Monthly reporting on Performance KPIs and quarterly business review.
In addition to integration work mentioned above, Skyscanner may potentially require help with various software development activities including the following:
- Dependency and library currency and updates, bug fixing, etc.
- Improve the ability of the software to be maintained by improving re-use, simplification, and refactoring.
- Internal open source contributions to achieve cross-tribe goals.
- Enhance test cases / test coverage.
- Contribute to product / feature enhancements based on defined designs / specifications.
- Improve software performance.
All software and large parts of the Skyscanner infrastructure is managed within GitHub and is deployed to multiple regions in AWS using proprietary continuous deployment pipelines with support for A/B testing.
Accelerance has considered your objectives and partner selection criteria in the context of all members in the Accelerance Global Partner Network. Given your declared needs and objectives, Accelerance is delighted to introduce the below Certified Partners as our top aligned choices to work as a dedicated Partner.
These accomplished groups are excellent representatives of our Global Service Provider Network.