Explore what's possible.
General Manager - Accelerance Consulting Division
Since 2001, Accelerance has served as the Global Software Outsourcing Authority®, leveraging the power of global software engineering talent to enhance the capabilities of our clients. We help mid-sized and fast-growing smaller companies and their CTOs (Dir. of Engineering, CPOs) confidently outsource software development by assisting them to select the ideal Accelerance Certified Partner and building out a high-performing, globally distributed software product engineering model.
What We Offer
- Small entrepreneurial team environment
- A culture that appreciates and expects innovative solutions and contributions from all employees at every level of the organization.
- A company culture that is passionate about creating remarkable experiences for our employees and our customers by fostering a global perspective, respect, and cooperation, listening well, and acting quickly, continuous learning, and a drive for transparency and honesty.
- Flexibility to work from home.
- Opportunity for international travel.
Accelerance aims to establish a flourishing consulting organization, through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions, that can independently thrive, while also operating harmoniously and synergistically with our mature partner-client matching line of business.
While Accelerance has established a solid reputation for pairing clients with our certified global development partners, these partnerships can sometimes falter due to deficits in thought leadership, inconsistent processes, inadequate communication, cultural mismatches, and a lack of accountability in relationship management. In this role, you would take on the primary responsibility of building and leading this practice, with the corresponding benefits of success, by guiding and transforming clients into high-performing, globally distributed software product development teams.
As the General Manager for our Consulting Division, you will be an experienced innovator and leader providing vision and leadership while partnering with executives and functions across Accelerance. You will spearhead our growth, manage the operational aspects of our consulting division, and work with the leadership team to drive growth.
You will be responsible for leading and guiding new client acquisition, establishing sales strategies, and ensuring the successful delivery of projects. This position will hold accountability for client satisfaction, operational efficiency, and achieving established goals for the division.
I. People Management
- Develop a resource plan and support structure to achieve revenue goals.
- Influence hiring to ensure resource plans are met.
- Build a supplemental contractor pool of consultants to augment client needs.
- Align and partner with Executive Leadership to provide input on team needs and skills.
- Oversee team member satisfaction, retention, and career progression.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Executive Leadership on all hires, employee performance decisions, compensation adjustments, and promotions.
II. Revenue Leadership
- Develop and execute the annual financial plan for the division.
- Be a key executive sales generator and closer.
- Manage activities of local Account Executives to generate new opportunities.
- Monitor and support pipeline and deal review with Account Executives and Account Managers.
III. Financial Management
- Profit & Loss Management: You'll be responsible for managing the division's Profit & Loss account. This involves planning, controlling, and maintaining the division's revenues and costs to achieve profitability and growth targets.
- Consultant Utilization: Optimize the allocation and utilization of consultants to ensure the highest level of efficiency and productivity, balancing client needs, and revenue generation.
- Bench Management: Manage the 'bench' of available resources effectively to minimize unutilized or 'bench' time. You will create strategies to rapidly deploy bench resources, identify training and skill development opportunities during bench periods, and ensure an optimal balance between project commitments and resource availability.
- Budget Management: Develop, manage, and adjust the division's budgets in line with the strategic plan and company goals. This includes operational, project, and staff budgets.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting: Monitor, analyze, and report on key financial metrics for the division. Use these insights to drive financial performance, identify issues or opportunities, and inform decision-making.
- Forecasting: Accurately forecast revenues, costs, and resources to align with the division's objectives and market conditions.
IV. Delivery Leadership & Client Satisfaction
- Ensure successful delivery of all projects tied to the division, measured by client satisfaction.
- Act as a leadership team escalation point for delivery issues.
V. Marketing & Thought Leadership
- Develop and implement a marketing plan in partnership with Accelerance Marketing leadership
- Promote Accelerance services in the market and represent the company in the marketplace.
- Manage a division-specific sales and marketing budget.
- College degree from a highly accredited MBA school or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of several years of work experience in a management role within a consulting or technology firm.
- Prior experience in the software outsourcing industry is highly preferred.
- Strong business analysis skills and the ability to develop and execute strategic growth plans.
- Expertise in financial modeling and analysis.
- Genuine interest in and understanding of global software development and outsourcing.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to mentor and manage teams.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the capacity to navigate cultural incompatibilities and establish strong relationships.
- Proven experience in managing relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Experience in business development and marketing, with a focus on promoting brand services in the local market.
- US Work Authorization Required. Applicants must be permanently authorized to work in the U.S. We cannot offer sponsorship at this time.
Accelerance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Functions: General Management, Consulting, Strategy, Business Development, People Management, Financial Planning, and Analysis.
To Apply: Please submit your resume to email@example.com along with a brief explanation of your relevant experience and why you're interested in the General Manager position at Accelerance's Consulting Division.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Accelerance is looking for a motivated Account Manager to manage its customer experience and partner/customer relationships.
The Account Manager will continue to set the standard and culture for partners, clients, and in-house account executives, with a primary focus on customer success and account growth, and account protection. At times, this position will assume ownership of an account in the absence of the original sales account executive.
- Own the account management process definition and compliance.
- Manage accounts assigned to the Account Manager.
- Assist sales account executives in executing the account management process on accounts owned by the account executive.
- Assist other Accelerance stakeholders with customer intelligence gathering and dissemination.
- Gain buy-in from C-level decision-makers and stakeholders and become a trusted advisor to in-house leadership and the sales account executive team.
- Work closely with the Accelerance Partner Team to foster well-rounded partnerships.
- Resolve any customer concerns before they escalate.
Support In-house Teams
- Facilitate Clutch reviews with all customers on Accelerance services.
- Oversee rapid referrals and consulting to reduce delay in communication and ‘touch points’ with potential customers.
- Create accounts for existing and new customers within the second month of billing.
- Interview and compile client testimonials on partners, seeking content for why they chose the partner and other feedback for showcase pages.
- Solicit account executive manager feedback and report on themes across the partner experience.
- Support account executive managers in the account management process.
- Use account executive manager surveys and account plans to strategize ways to enhance current processes and customer experience.
- Set quarterly partner meetings for customer conversion rate optimization.
- Create and maintain account plans for all designated accounts; identify growth opportunities and manage issues.
- Forecast revenue and provide variance reporting for partner meetings.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for partner meetings, or as often as needed.
Partner Management Team
- Manage the account executive managers feedback loop as part of the overall improvement strategy and data collection.
- Conduct quarterly surveys with customers on partner performance. Address any arising issues with partner.
- Ensure account executives are conducting surveys regularly
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a professional service, preferably in software development. Experience in systems integration is a plus.
- Prior experience working in an ecosystem of system integrators or software resellers is preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of software and technology industries.
- Excellent relationship building skills are a must.
- High level of integrity and ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated high level of business acumen.
- Must possess understanding of vendor and/or partner relationships.
- A global perspective is well regarded. We are a global citizens organization, and we foster collaboration across borders.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Travel may be required; including occasional international trips to visit partner sites
Apply at Accelerance
Submit your resume and cover letter below. Don’t see any positions that fit your skill set? No worries. You never know when we might consider the right person.
Alert: Be on the watch for a data job scam using Accelerance's name.
BECOME AN "ACCELERATOR"
Join us on our global adventures.
Our “reason for being” in today’s fast-paced digital world: A technology talent crisis and record high developer costs that threaten IT leaders’ ambitions for digital transformation.
Our team exists to crush that growth-killing skills gap. As an "Accelerator," you’ll be an integral part of our mission to put clients’ technical goals within reach through strategic software outsourcing solutions.
We helps clients to find the right software outsourcing partners in order to stand up and scale skilled tech teams with all of the benefits and none of the risks of outsourcing.
Advance your career with a B2B tech leader founded out of Silicon Valley. Accelerance began more than two decades ago to harness the power of great engineering talent everywhere. Today we stand for the highest quality, affordable offshoring solutions offered by the most trusted advisors anywhere.