Reinventing the software development function for ultimate flex-and-scale production.
SOFTWARE OUTSOURCING SOLUTIONS SUCCESS STORY
Epiq is a worldwide provider of legal and business services for law firms, corporations, financial institutions and government agencies.
Epiq takes on large-scale, complex tasks for corporate counsel, law firms and business professionals. Its award-winning technology platforms streamline the administration of business operations, class action/mass tort, court reporting, eDiscovery, regulatory, compliance, restructuring and bankruptcy matters. Epiq subject-matter experts and tools create efficiency through expertise, delivering confidence to high-performing clients around the world.
IT Products and Services
Accelerance Partner Location
Partner Developers Engaged
Partner Technologies & Services
Epiq sought to create a hybrid insourced and outsourced development organization that could easily be ramped up over time, efficiently and cost effectively.
NEEDS & CHALLENGES
With an internal team of 120 developers and a 2-to-1 developer-to-QA ratio, Epiq knew they needed more developers to handle the increasing workload and to optimize their current practices. They felt that they adding in scalable resources to their existing development model would create the flexible hybrid team they needed to ramp up their platforms' development using lower-cost offshore resources and increasing product innovation. With relatively little experience with outsourcing, Epiq engaged Accelerance to find a qualified certified partner and expert advice.
- A partner team in Argentina that matched the exact business requirements and specialized technical skills for their products.
- An scalable, agile development function that could easily expand from 10 to 100 developers as needed with the capacity to run up to 12 scrum projects at any given time.
- An assessment by Accelerance consultants of the current in-house team and recommendations for integrating and optimizing the new team.
- Stand up a blended team that allowed it to grow from 8 to 50 developers in nine months.
- Optimize development practices by implementing architecture improvements and software development best practices that ultimately increased productivity and efficiency.
- Scale resources to completely transform Epiq’s business, enabling onboarding of engineers significantly faster with much higher quality.
There's really no one else who does what Accelerance does. Accelerance helped us to score the right partner, and they then guided us throughout. Our partner onboarded a very high level of talent in very short order, and there was cost effectiveness and time savings as well. We had easy access to talent pools, we got the attention we needed and we found the right skills. Later it was a no brainer for me to reach out to Accelerance again.
Experienced CTO/CIO and four-time Accelerance client
TO BE CONTINUED...
Want to see how we've helped other companies succeed?
Getting informed for smart outsourcing partner decisions begins here.
Explore industry trends and gain new insights with our reports, articles, and papers.
November 21, 2022 / Lisa MorrellA New Website Experience Launches to Meet the Needs of Today’s B2B Tech Services Buyer
Our new website invites B2B buyers to a more authentic experience of our global services - all from the convenience of your office, home, or any connected location.Blog
November 9, 2022 / Andy HilliardThe Rush to Eastern and Central Europe: Digital Momentum Drives Rising Potential Blog
September 13, 2022 / Accelerance Research TeamIndispensable Insights: Your Go-to Guide for 2023 Software Outsourcing Management Blog